The Berth Licence Holder (“the Licensee”) hereby grants permission to the berth renter named in the schedule (“the Renter”) to occupy the berth (“the Berth”) nominated in the schedule for the period stated and at the rental rate therein stated under the following terms and conditions, and The Renter agrees to accept the sublease to occupy the berth nominated in the schedule for the period stated and at the rental rate therein stated under the following terms and conditions, and Hobsonville Marina Ltd (“the Licensor”) agrees to permit the Licensee to sublet the berth in accordance with clause 6 of the Berth Licence (“the Licence”).
This Agreement commences upon the commencement date stated in the schedule and thereafter remains in effect until terminated by either party giving one month’s written notice to the other.
The Renter agrees to pay the Bond set out in the schedule, to the Licensor immediately upon completion of this agreement. Provided that the Renter has complied with the terms and conditions contained within this agreement, the bond shall be refunded to the Renter on the termination of this agreement.
The Renter agrees to pay the rental of the berth to the Licensor monthly in advance on the first business day of each month and upon demand, at the rate set out in the schedule or as may be amended from time to time. The Licensor may alter the rental rate by the giving of one month’s written notice of the revised rental rate. A late payment fee will be charged for rent unpaid after 14 days from its due date. The fee may be amended from time to time.
- RESTRICTION ON USE
The Renter shall not use the berth other than for accommodating the boat nominated in the schedule.
The Renter shall not use the berth other than for berthing the nominated boat whilst the said boat is used for recreational boating purposes. The berth shall not be used to berth commercial fishing boats, boats carrying passengers for hire, work boats, commercial freight carriers or for any other commercial or industrial purposes without the written permission of the Marina Manager.
- RENTER NOT TO SUBLET
Renter shall not be permitted to sublet or to authorise the use of the berth by any other vessel, unless by approval of Hobsonville Marina Limited
- BYLAWS INSTRUCTIONS AND RULES
The Renter agrees to comply with all the obligations of the License (except for the payment of fees) under the Licensee’s Marina Berth Licence, a copy of which is available for inspection by the Renter, and but not limited to, the marina rules as set out herein.
- The Renter shall at no time allow any part of any vessel using or moored at the Berth to extend beyond the maximum permitted dimensions of the Berth specified in the schedule, with the length being measured from the Berth face of the walkway.
- The Licensor shall be at liberty at any time to require the Renter to vacate the Berth either on a temporary or on a permanent basis, and to take up another berth within the marina if there is a berth available. The Licensor shall not be liable to pay any compensation in respect of such change of the berth. The terms of this agreement shall apply to such new berth.
- The Renter shall not pollute or permit the pollution of the Marina or discharge into the Marina or its waters any poisonous, noxious, dangerous or offensive substance or thing.
- Without prejudice to the generality of the preceding provision, the Renter shall not discharge any sewerage or otherwise empty any latrines into the Marina waters, or otherwise dispose of any garbage, oil, fuel or other material whatsoever in the Marina, except into containers which may be provided by the Licensor.
- The Renter shall not, without the consent of Hobsonville Marina Limited, or in contravention of any statute, order-in-Council, regulation or rule, or any local or territorial authority bylaw or restriction, live on board any boat at the Berth, or permit anyone else to do so. For the purposes of this clause the expression “living on board” shall mean sleeping overnight for two consecutive nights or more.
- The Renter shall not permit or suffer any pet belonging to the renter or in the Renter’s charge to enter or to remain in the Marina, or land adjacent to thereto under the control of the Renter, unless such dog be led by a chain, strap or other efficient restraint.
- The Renter shall not permit or allow any children for whom the Renter is responsible, being children under the age of 12 years, to enter into the Marina unless accompanied by an adult.
- The Renter shall not engage in any swimming, diving or underwater activities within the Marina.
- The Renter shall not within the Marina moor, sail or manoeuvre any boat so as to create a danger, impediment, obstacle or inconvenience to other Marina
- The Renter shall ensure that all halyards, lines ropes rigging and sheets on any vessel at the Berth are secured so that they shall not create any noise.
- For the purposes of mooring any vessel to the Berth the Renter shall use only the standard mooring lines complete with anti-chafe tubes should they be provided by the Licensee. Where a Licensee has not provided mooring lines the Renter must provide their own mooring lines and ensure the vessel is moored using a Marina approved method of securing the vessel, along with suitable sized mooring lines. Any mooring lines damaged as the result of incorrect use or failure to properly position the anti-chafe tubes shall be replaced at the cost of the Renter.
- The Licensor may serve on the Renter a notice requiring the Renter, within the time specified in the notice, to repair the fastenings on any such vessel so as to ensure that they will safely secure the said vessel.
- The Renter shall not permit or allow any property, gear or equipment under the control or direction of the Renter to be stored on the Marina, including the walkways, fingers or foreshore thereof, without the express permission of the Licensor.
- Alcoholic beverages shall not be consumed within the Marina except on private vessels, or other premises where consumption of alcoholic beverages is not prohibited by law.
- The Renter shall not use fire fighting equipment supplied by the Licensor for any purpose other than for fighting of fires.
- The Renter shall not store or bring within the Marina motor spirit, petroleum, petroleum products, fuel, oil, LPG, CNG, kerosene or goods of a similarly dangerous or similarly inflammable nature on any Marina structure or area under the control of the Licensor without the prior approval of the Licensor.
- Provided that nothing within this subclause shall prevent the Renter from carrying small quantities of fuel, in safe containers, in quantities reasonable required for small outboard engines or stoves.
- The Renter shall not alter or modify the Berth or adjacent structures without the prior written approval of the Licensor.
- The Renter shall in the use of the Marina comply with all bylaws from time to time applicable thereto, and shall also comply with any special instructions from time to time issued by the Licensor or any of it’s agents for the efficient, safe and harmonious use of the Marina, and any of it’s facilities, by any persons entitled thereto.
- LICENSOR NOR LICENSEE TO BE LIABLE
Neither the Licensor nor the Licensee shall be liable, and accept no responsibility, for loss or damage to boats, craft, third party property or persons using the same within the confines of, or near to the Marina, nor for the adequacy or otherwise of the Marina, or of any Berth, or any other part of the facilities of the marina, and neither the Licensor nor the Licensee shall be liable to the Renter or any person for the loss or damage to property, or death, or personal injury incurred or suffered within the Marina, however the same occurs, and whether or not attributable to the acts or defaults of the Licensor, or it’s servants, agents, contractors or otherwise howsoever.
- RENTER’S INDEMNITY
The Renter, in addition, shall indemnify the Licensor and the Licensee against any loss, expense, legal liability, claims and costs incurred by the Licensor and the Licensee and the head Licensor arising as a result of the Renter’s acts or omissions, or the acts or omissions of others to which the renter has contributed, or the acts or omissions of any persons invited into the Marina by the Renter.
- RENTER TO INSURE
The Renter shall at all times keep all boats, crafts and any other property owned or brought into the Marina by the Renter and/or invitees of the Renter fully insured whilst within the confines of, or near to the Marina against loss or damage by fire, explosion, storm, tempest, typhoon, earthquake, accidental damage, burglary, act of god, and all other usual maritime risks.
In the event of the Renter making default in the observance or performance of any obligation on the Renter’s part expressed or implied herein, and such default remaining unsatisfied after 7 days from the date of written notification specifying the default complained of, the Licensor may thereupon, and without the need for any further notice, forthwith cancel and terminate this agreement, and require that the vessel shall be removed from the Marina forthwith. Provided that if the default complained of shall be the non payment of the berth rental in accordance with clause 3 hereof, then the provisions of the following clause shall apply.
- DEFAULT IN COMPLYING
If having been notified of a default and not having remedied such default shall be for non payment of rental in accordance with clause 3 hereof, the Licensor may without incurring any liability for so doing and without further notice, remove the vessel and recover the cost of removal from the Renter.
- LICENSOR’S LIEN
Where the Licensor removes any vessel in accordance with clause 11, it shall be entitled to a lien on the vessel to the extent of the cost of removal and storage.
- LICENSOR’S RIGHT TO SELL
Should the Renter fail to claim such vessel within the period of one month after the date of such removal, the Licensor may at any time thereafter offer the same for sale and appropriate the proceeds of any resultant sale in satisfaction of such expenses as may be incurred in respect thereof.
- CUSTODIAL ARRANGEMENTS
The Licensor may, if the Licensor thinks fit, place and maintain on any such vessel such number of custodians as may be necessary, and the Licensor shall be entitled to a lien on the vessel to cover the costs in so doing.
- USE OF SERVICES
The Renter may use the water and other facilities provided on the structures, in common with any other berth licensees, on an occasional basis only. Electricity is via a user pays system. The vessel must comply with the Electrical Connection Policy of Hobsonville Marina.
- DEFINED TERM
The expression “Marina” wherever used herein includes the Marina waters, the floating structures, fingers and jetties, all Marina foreshore areas, administration and service areas under the control or administration of the Licensor and/or the Marina operator.
- NEW ZEALAND LAW TO APPLY
The law to which this agreement is subject is New Zealand law.
Rules Of Hobsonville Marina
- These rules are in respect of Hobsonville Marina, 18 Clearwater Cove Hobsonville, Auckland, and apply at all times to all areas of the Marina.
- All persons must, when in or near the Marina, comply at all times while these Rules. By entering the Marina you accept and agree to be bound and abide, by these Rules.
- Hobsonville Marina Limited (Company) owns and operates the Marina. You agree to comply with the instructions of the Company and its employees while in the Marina.
- The Company displays these Rules at the Marina Office. The Company may amend these Rules from time to time to time by altering the copy of the Rules displayed at the entrance to the Marina office.
- The Marina, its berths, facilities and any vessel berthed or otherwise moored in the Marina, must only be used for recreational purposes. Commercial fishing boats, boats carrying passengers for hire, work boats, commercial freight carriers or any other vessel used for commercial or industrial purposes are prohibited without the prior consent of the Company.
- You may only use the facilities at the Marina, and, in particular, any berth or mooring in the Marina, to the extent that you are authorised to do so by the Company.
- You have the right, together with all other users of the Marina, to access and use the common waterways and pathways of the Marina subject to the directions of the Company from time to time.
- You may use the water, power and any other facilities provided on the structures in common with any other Marina users on an occasional basis only. If you require more regular use of the Marina facilities special arrangements must be made with the Company, at your cost.
- You must not pollute or permit the pollution of the Marina or discharge into the Marina or its waters any poisonous, noxious, dangerous or offensive substance. In particular, you must not discharge any sewage rubbish, oil, fuel, or other material whatsoever except in containers provided for that purpose by the Company.
- You must not live on board your vessel in the Marina or permit anyone else to do so without the written permission of the Marina Manager. You will be considered to be living on your vessel if you sleep on the board for two or more consecutive nights.
- You are responsible for your invitees and their compliance with these Rules while they are in the Marina.
- You must not permit or suffer any dog belonging to you or your invitees to enter or remain in the Marina unless such dog is restrained.
- You must at all times supervise any children who enter the Marina with you or your invitees.
- You and your invitees must not engage in any swimming, diving or underwater activities (including the scrubbing of your vessel’s hull) within the Marina.
- You must not while within the Marina moor or manoeuvre your vessel so as to create a danger, obstacle or inconvenience to other Marina users.
- You must ensure that all halyards, lines, ropes, rigging and sheets on your vessel whilst it is berthed are secured so that they do not create any noise.
- You must not permit or allow any property, gear or equipment under your control or direction to be stored on the Marina, including the walkways, fingers and foreshore, without the Company’s permission.
- You must not consume alcoholic beverages within the Marina, except on licensed premises, on private vessels or other premises where consumption of alcoholic beverages is not prohibited by law.
- You may only use the firefighting equipment for fighting of fires.
- The storage of all fuels, oil and goods of a similarly flammable nature is strictly prohibited without the prior written consent of the Company. You must not bring such goods within the Marina. However, you may carry small quantities of the same on your vessel in safe storage containers for on-board use.
- Signs relating to the use of the Marina must be observed.
- Your vessel must be kept in good and safe repair.
- No washing may be hung out on your vessel at any time.
- All leads and appliances connected to the Marina power outlet by you must comply with the relevant regulations and marina policy.
- No painting, sanding, welding or grinding is permitted on board your vessel without the prior consent of the Company.
- For the convenience of others you must return Marina trolleys to the jetty entrances immediately after use.
- The Company is not liable for any loss or damage suffered to your vessel or to any of your other property in or about the vessel or the Marina, howsoever caused. You indemnify the Company against any loss, expense, legal liability, claims and costs incurred by it arising as a result of your acts or omissions or the acts or omissions of others to which you have contributed or the acts or omissions of any persons invited by you into the Marina.
- The Company’s health and safety rules must be observed by you and your invitees. A copy is available from the Marina office.
- All vehicles must observe parking and speed restrictions. Speed in the Marina must not exceed 10 kph.
- You are required to observe the standards and practices reasonably expected of a competent reasonable and considerate person in the Marina.
- You are reminded that you must comply with all regulations and by laws relating to good navigation and the proper control of your vessel.
Hobsonville Marina Limited